How to apply for a summer job at the Ministry of Natural Resources – through the First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program – for Aboriginal youth aged 16-18.
How it works
This is a 6-week summer program where you live in a field camp and report daily. You work with experienced supervisors on projects in the forestry and mining industries, with a chance to do it again the following summer.
Through the program, you:
- gain hands-on work experience in natural resource management
- get education, training and coaching
- develop personal and professional skills
- get paid minimum wage
- can earn 2 co-op credits
You also get to attend a week-long science camp at Confederation College.
Who is eligible
You are eligible if you are:
- from a First Nations community in Northern Ontario
- age 16-18 (some exceptions may be made through First Nations communities)
How to apply
This program is coordinated through Confederation College. If you are interested, you should contact either:
- the education officer in your community
- Confederation College at 807-475-6215
Visit the Confederation College website
June 13, 2014