How to apply for a summer job at the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, including Ontario Parks – through the Summer Employment Opportunities (SEO) program – for high school, college and university students.
How it works
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) offers hundreds of student jobs every summer.
• pay $10.25 - $11.10 an hour
• are for 7-16 weeks, depending on what the position is
• run between May 1 and Labour Day
Many of the jobs are in Ontario Parks, under the job title "Park Ranger". Some of the parks offer staff house accommodations.
Who is eligible
You are eligible if you are:
• a student
• a resident of Ontario
• legally able to work in Canada.
Many of the jobs also require you to be 15-24 years of age (up to 29 for persons with a disability).
Types of jobs
MNR offers summer jobs in three categories:
• outdoor (including Ontario Parks)
• specific sites (e.g. laboratories)
• office jobs
Check out all the opportunities available at MNRF.
When to apply
There are two posting periods. Each features different types of jobs, so be sure to check both.
• Posting period 1: February 14 – March 2, 2014
• Posting period 2: March 21 – April 6
How to apply
Varies, depending on the job you apply for.
For other great summer jobs, please check out our Stewardship Youth Ranger Program as well.