Every year the Ministry of Natural Resources asks hunters to tell us about their hunting experience and harvest, if successful. For some species or hunting seasons, reporting is voluntary and for others it is required by law. We are pleased to offer you an online option for responding to these questionnaires, and hope you will find it easy and quick to use.
Some background information
Why did I get one or more of these questionnaires?
You received one or more questionnaires in the mail and are asked to complete and submit them to MNR for one of two reasons:
- you purchased a hunting licence tag for one or more of these species and were randomly selected to respond
- you received a validation tag for which completion of the questionnaire is mandatory.
Your response to the questions, along with the responses of other hunters, will assist in harvest assessment and the management of wildlife populations. You can see the summarized results of these surveys at ontario.ca/harvestreporting.
How do I complete and submit my questionnaire to MNR?
To submit your information to MNR you can:
Fill in and submit the online version of the questionnaire. Links to the online surveys are at the bottom of this page
Fill in and mail back the postcard questionnaire you received in the mail.
Proceed to online questionnaire(s)
Those who have reported online in recent years will notice that while the information being collected is the same, the login and the forms have changed. You will be asked to provide your Outdoors Card number and verify your information before selecting which questionnaire you wish to complete. You no longer require a Survey ID to report online.
The following questionnaires can now be completed online:
- Deer Hunter Questionnaire (completion of this questionnaire is mandatory for controlled deer hunter validation tag holders)
- Moose Hunter Questionnaire
- Moose Hunter Mandatory Questionnaire (for WMU 48, 55A, 55B, 57 and 65 validation tag holders)
- Elk Hunter Mandatory Questionnaire
- Black Bear Hunter Mandatory Questionnaire
- Wolf/Coyote Hunter Mandatory Questionnaire
For questions about the hunter surveys please contact the Wildlife Surveys Officer, 1350 High Falls Road, Bracebridge, ON P1L 1W9 or telephone (705) 646-5541.