The use of all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and off-road vehicles (ORV) is an increasingly popular outdoor activity that provides recreational and economic benefits to Ontario.
Riders who wish to use Ontario’s Crown land must act responsibly to help ensure that the natural environment is protected for future generations.
- Protect the natural environment and avoid sensitive features such as wetlands, streams and wildlife habitat.
- Stay on recognized trail systems.
- Pick up and pack out litter.
- Respect other users of Crown land.
- To create a new trail, build a water crossing or hold an organized ATV/ORV event on Crown land, prior approval from the Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) may be required. For further information on approvals or to make an appointment at a MNR Office near year you or call 1-800-667-1940.